British Council Recruitment For Customer Services Manager – Apply Now
British Council is the UK’s international organization for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections, and engendering trust.
We work with over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, the English language, education, and civil society. Each year we reach over 20 million people face-to-face and more than 500 million people online, via broadcasts and publications. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Customer Services Manager
Location: Abuja or Lagos
Contract Type: 1 Year Fixed Term Contract
Pay band: BRC-6-G
Contract Type: Two (2) Year Fixed Term Contract
- To lead the Contact Center and Operational unit of the Customer Management and Sales function in the delivery of Exams sales targets and KPIs.
- Furthermore, to motivate and foster a good team spirit that enables high quality, efficient and positive experiences for customers, clients, and stakeholders as per the agreed Service Level Agreement.
Main accountabilities but not limited to the following:
- Work closely with Exams and Marketing teams to develop and execute sales strategies, and processes as well as set sales targets in line with the country and regional plans.
- Monitor and review daily sales performance through conversion rates at all stages of the sales funnel for all products and to ensure that the team and individual sales targets are met/exceeded.
- Enable smooth tracking of sales activity, ensure that recording of data on Salesforce CRM is in line with corporate guidelines and that sales performance reports and dashboards are prepared as per agreed format.
- Ensure there is a defined process to follow up with unpaid registrations identifying and reporting reasons and trends and ensuring follow-up to improve conversion rates and student engagement.
- Support the Exams business unit in the development and execution of campaigns for new registration and re-registration purposes
- Run the day-to-day operation of British Council Customer Services in accordance with corporate standards and policies.
- Ensure the customer service function, including the look and feel of the physical environment and front-line team dress code as well as customer communication, are reflective of the British Council brand standards.
- Act as Complaints Manager for the country and ensures that the Complaints Policy is adhered to consistently across Nigeria.
- Contribute to the strategic development and improvement of customer service processes and standards for the Exams business units
- Manage the operational delivery of the customer management strategy, ensuring that the function is adequately resourced and equipped to support the Exams Sales Marketing and Operational
- Ensure performance objectives, performance reviews, and year-end evaluations are completed on time, line managers are supported and feedback is provided to them on a regular basis.
- Analyze and understand complex customer services issues and provide timely management information to the Nigeria Leadership team through the Head of Customer Service for business planning, decision-making, and/or the development of new or improved customer services policies and practices
- Work with local, cluster, and regional marketing and communications teams to plan and execute proactive communications that support business continuity plans
- Be proficient in the use of the Global Playbook and Maritz customer insight and Thematic platforms and provide feedback to Exams Managers to enhance customer experiences and product offerings to improve sales conversions and customer advocacy.
Qualifications and Requirements
- University Degree or degree-level (level 5 or above) qualification, and/or equivalent professional experience
- At least three years experience in planning and implementing sales strategies, customer relationship management
- Three years of experience managing and directing a diverse and high-performing service-oriented or sales team
- Customer Service Professional Qualification, Marketing Qualification
- Knowledge of SAP, CRM
- Experience in Data Analysis and reporting.
Role-Specific Knowledge and Experience:
- Expert user of technology/applications, in order to communicate and deliver training/standardization approaches to geographically dispersed audiences
- Ability to lead a service-oriented team with strong evidence of problem-solving and coaching experience
- Working quickly and accurately to tight deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Dedication to providing great customer service.
- Minimum of IELTS Band score 7 (in each component).
N10,989,828 Salary Annually.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Working schedules are subject to variations to account for activity patterns and will involve unsocial working hours (including late finishes and Saturday shifts)
4th December (23:59 East Africa Time).