British Council Recruitment for Life Skills Examiner – Apply Now
The British Council is the UK’s international organization for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections, and engendering trust.
We work with over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, English language, education and civil society. Each year we reach over 20 million people face-to-face and more than 500 million people online, via broadcasts and publications. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Life Skills Examiner – Nigeria
Locations: Abuja and Lagos
Pay band: Hourly rate
Post Duration: Two Years Renewable Contract
- We are looking for suitably qualified and experienced individuals to join our team of Life Skills Examiners.
- We are keen to build excellence in language assessment through the recruitment of qualified and motivated professionals.
- Examiners are recruited on a casual basis and are expected to examine at least ten sessions a year at regular intervals
- IELTS examinations regularly take place at our locations across SSA
- Training of successful candidates will be after shortlisting.
Qualifications and Requirements
- An Undergraduate or Master’s Degree or a qualification which can be demonstrated to be equivalent to an undergraduate or Master’s degree.
- A recognised qualification in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) or recognised equivalent as part of a recognised university award course.
- At least 3 years’ full time (or the equivalent part time) relevant TESOL teaching experience (minimum one year post-certificate level qualification). The majority of this teaching experience must relate to adult students (16 years and over).
- The required professional attributes and interpersonal skills.
Professional Attributes and Interpersonal Skills
- Completes tasks accurately and in sufficient detail
- Acts professionally at all times
- Communicates effectively with colleagues and candidates and treats others with respect
- Is sensitive to cultural differences.
- Observes the need for confidentiality and security
- Responds positively to guidance and advice
- Existing right to live and work in Nigeria
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Examiners are required to adhere to a Code of Practice and Confidentiality Undertaking and follow all directives from the Centre Administrator and Life Skills Examiner Trainer.
- Information will be provided to applicants once recruitment and training have been successfully completed.
- If you have any technical problems, please email: email@example.com