Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for KYC Operations Analyst – Apply Here
Citibank Nigeria Limited (CNL) was incorporated in Nigeria on May 2, 1984, and the oldest international bank in the country. It provides a wide range of financial products and services to corporate and commercial customers, financial institutions, and public sector organizations. It offers deposit and loan products, global transaction services, cash management, sales and trading, corporate finance, and investment banking products.
The company was formerly known as Nigeria International Bank Ltd and changed its name to Citibank Nigeria in 2008. Today it employs about 300 people and operates 12 branches in Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Warri, Kano, Bonny, Aba, Lanlate and Ososa. As at December 31, 2016, it had over NGN 600 billion in total assets. Citibank Nigeria is owned by Citibank Overseas Investment Corporation, a subsidiary of Citibank N.A. (USA).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: KYC Operations Analyst
Job Req ID: 22588538
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Family Group: Compliance and Control
Job Family: Business KYC
Job Type: Full time
- Acting as the functional heart of our business, Operations makes everything work on time and on target, in a world that demands lightning-fast transaction speeds, pinpoints execution accuracy, and full visibility.
- It ensures global transactions flow smoothly around the clock, wherever we do business.
- Without it, the daily clearance, settlement, and execution of a trillion dollars’ worth of trades and the weekly movement of tens of billions of dollars in dozens of world currencies would come to a complete standstill.
- You’ll have strong communication, planning, and organizational skills which will benefit you and the team.
- Our teams need individuals who can research, process, and interpret large amounts of information every day which will allow you to make ethical decisions with integrity
- The KYC Operations Analyst is an entry-level position responsible for participating in Anti-Money Laundering (AML) monitoring, governance, oversight, and regulatory reporting activities in coordination with the Compliance and Control team.
- The overall objective of this role is to assist in the development and management of a dedicated internal KYC (Know Your Client) program at Citi.
- Partner with Relationship Management and Compliance teams to assist with the preparation, development, due diligence, and approval of the electronic Know Your Client (KYC) record and supporting appendices
- Create and maintain KYC records by obtaining information from internal and external sources (firm website, regulatory websites, etc.)
- Partner with Relationship Management and Compliance teams to update system information from initiation to approval of KYC records and report workflow progress to the supervisor
- Validate the information within KYC records and Customer Identification Program (CIP) documents to ensure completion and accuracy
- Ensure KYC records incorporate local regulatory requirements / Global Business Support Unit (BSU) Standards
- Maintain BSU tool
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients, and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules, and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct, and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
Qualifications and Requirements
- A BSc / BA Degree is mandatory
- A postgraduate degree and relevant professional qualifications will be an added advantage
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills essential
- Experience with MS Office tools: PowerPoint, Excel, and SharePoint
- Attention to detail with strong follow-up and good judgment
- “Owner/Completer” approach
- Self-starter, able to work independently when needed, and prioritize tasks
- Team Player, able to work in partnership with other individuals on day-to-day and long-term projects.
- Experience and knowledge of KYC preferred, particularly in the Correspondent Banking space;
- Minimum of 5 years of professional work experience, preferably in Banking;
- Experience working in a global, dynamic environment;
- Knowledge of Citi and Citi KYC systems an advantage;
- Client Service experience and/or Front Office experience helpful;
- Compliance knowledge is an advantage;
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply