How to Check Admission Status Using JAMB CAPS 2024. JAMB CAPS was designed for UTME and Direct Entry candidates to check their admission status.
UPDATE: JAMB CAPS For 2024 Admission Exercise Enabled
The JAMB CAPS is currently active for the 2024 Admissions Exercise. Candidates can quickly find out when they have been given admission by checking their admission status. Once a candidate has received an admission offer through CAPS, they have two options: accept the admission or reject it.
School admission lists have already begun to be uploaded to the JAMB portal. In order to take the necessary action as quickly as possible, we urge Candidates to carefully monitor their Admission Status on CAPS.
The List of Admitted Candidates may not be posted on every school’s website or notice board. Therefore, the only method for applicants who submitted for admission to these schools to learn whether they have been offered
How To Check Admission Status Using JAMB CAPS Portal 2024
The steps below help you on how to check your JAMB admission status on CAPS portal
- login https://www.jamb.org.ng/efacility./. You can also Login to this portal http://caps.jamb.gov.ng/
- Click on “check admission status” on the portal
- Login with the credentials( email and password) account you have created with JAMB
- Click on Login – click on the options button ( the button with 3 dash) at the top of the page
- CAPS is under the tag ‘Admissions’. Click on it and you’ll be taken to the CAPS page
- There is an option on your left hand-side, Click on ‘Admission Status’
- Your admission status will be revealed.
If you’ve been admitted, you can either Accept admission or Reject admission.
The graphics or image below will also guide you on how to use the portal effectively.
Additional information on how to use CAPS before you accept or decline admission
- Institution forwards recommended list to JAMB desk officer
- Desk officer processes recommended list and generates list of provisional admissions
- JAMB contacts candidates to accept or decline admission
- If candidate accepts, admission is concluded for candidate
- If candidate declines, s(he) is returned to market place for possible consideration by other institutions
Under the tag “Admission Status,” it will say “admission in progress, check back later” if your institution has not yet released its admission list. You won’t be able to select the “Accept admission” or “Reject admission” button in this situation. And don’t worry if you didn’t see “Accept admission” or “Reject admission”; instead, keep checking the CAPS website as new content is added daily as colleges send JAMB their suggested list.