Roche Nigeria Finance Perspectives Program 2024
Roche is a global pioneer in pharmaceuticals and diagnostics focused on advancing science to improve people’s lives. The combined strengths of pharmaceuticals and diagnostics under one roof have made Roche the leader in personalized healthcare – a strategy that aims to fit the right treatment to each patient in the best way possible. Roche is the world’s largest biotech company, with truly differentiated medicines in oncology, immunology, infectious diseases, ophthalmology and diseases of the central nervous system. Roche is also the world leader in in vitro diagnostics and tissue-based cancer diagnostics, and a frontrunner in diabetes management.
Founded in 1896, Roche continues to search for better ways to prevent, diagnose and treat diseases and make a sustainable contribution to society. The company also aims to improve patient access to medical innovations by working with all relevant stakeholders. Thirty medicines developed by Roche are included in the World Health Organization Model Lists of Essential Medicines, among them life-saving antibiotics, antimalarials and cancer medicines. Roche has been recognised as the Group Leader in sustainability within the Pharmaceuticals, Biotechnology & Life Sciences Industry ten years in a row by the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices (DJSI).
Applications are invited for:
Title: Finance Perspectives Program 2024 (Global Accelerated Talent Development Program)
Job ID: 202409-135130
Category: Vocational & Development Programs
- The Finance Perspectives Program is the flagship global finance rotational development program at Roche. It is a 2 to 2.5 year leadership development program with 4 to 6 rotations across multiple geographies and business areas (Pharmaceuticals, Diagnostics and Group) at Roche.
- The program identifies high potential early in career talent, accelerating their professional development and enabling them to be key contributors to Roche’s purpose and above all differentiators to patient’s lives.
- If you are a talented finance professional in the early stages of your career, and you are seeking to reach your full potential through international professional experience, then the Finance Perspectives Program is the perfect next step in your career.
- Finance Perspectives identifies top early-in-career talent and accelerates their development across geographies & functions, enabling them to be key contributors as agile leaders to our company’s ambition and purpose, “Doing now what patients need next”.
- Recognizing the central importance of experiential learning and development, Finance Perspectives provides a platform to strengthen a broad global network and to gain experience and skills in different areas that will be vital for a career in Finance.
- We want you to reach your full potential by stretch assignments, doing four to five rotations in different exciting roles.
- You will be part of transforming Finance and making it ready for the future. Read the article by our CFO Alan Hippe to understand how we think about the Future of Finance.
- We are looking for someone who thinks beyond the job offered – someone who knows that this position can be a rare springboard to many other opportunities at Roche.
What We Offer You
- The opportunity to build skills and capabilities across Finance in a variety of functions, roles, projects and locations during a 2 to 2.5 years time period. From Global to Regional to Affiliate, from Pharmaceuticals to Diagnostics, from core finance processes to conceptual strategy work. From process digitization to data management and advanced analytics, tailored to your areas of interest and development needs.
- Inspiring peers and thought leaders, and broad personal support by your Program Manager, Rotation Managers, a Program Buddy, Alumni Mentor, and a Senior Leader Mentor.
- Lifelong learning is part of our strategy; you will receive on-the-job training, formal leadership & self-directed learning, and will learn through targeted mentoring & coaching, and other networking resources.
- Ownership over your career, as you understand that career journeys are personalized. You choose your rotations and design your path for the program, in line with business priorities. Post program, you are fully empowered to assess opportunities and decide on your further career with Roche.
- Mobility support is provided wherever that’s needed to start with us in Basel and during the program.
To be a Successful Candidate, you Fulfill the Following Requirements
- Strong interest and willingness to develop a career in Finance in the Healthcare industry
- Working experience from a role in Finance, Healthcare Industry, Tech or Consulting, ideally around 3 to 5 years
- Global mind-set with a high degree of global mobility during and after the program
- Excellent academic profile: MBA or Master’s degree in Finance, Business, Data Science or Life Science
- Full English proficiency, any other language is a plus
Strong candidates fulfill additionally following requirements:
- Lived in a emerging market and built deep understanding of VUCA (Volatile, Uncertain, Complex, Ambiguous) environment
- Experience abroad for at least one year in the form of working or studying outside of home country
- Exposure to projects related to innovation in digital or advanced analytics technologies
- We are looking for someone who thinks beyond the entry point offered by the Finance Perspectives Program – someone who knows that this can be a rare springboard to many other opportunities at Roche. When applying for Finance Perspectives with Roche, already project yourself in the future. Think about what could come next and how you would like to build your future.
- You bring a diverse perspective and you are ready to collaborate for impact.
- You are intrigued to work at the confluence of Finance, Science and Technology.
- As a fast learner, you proactively drive outcomes, integrate well into different cultures, teams and business settings.
- As a member of the Roche Finance community, you will embrace entrepreneurial spirit, enterprise thinking, inclusive collaboration and continuous learning.
- You thrive in a collaborative work environment which enables teams to achieve beyond the sum of their parts.
- You understand that everyone leads, irrespective of hierarchy.
- You are keen to build capabilities as a Finance professional to generate business outcomes.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 8th January, 2024.
- Roche embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
- Before submitting your application you will be asked following questions:
- Why do you want to participate in the Finance Perspectives Program at Roche?
- Why do you want to develop a career in Finance?
Timeline & Selection Process:
- Once we have reviewed your application we will invite successful candidates to an online assessment and a video interview.
- You can take the online assessment and video interview at a time and place convenient to you (and of course you’ll have time to practice).
- If your profile aligns we will invite you to a 2nd round virtual interview where you’ll meet finance professionals and leaders at Roche.
- The final candidates will be invited to participate in a virtual Assessment Center on 29/ 30 March.
- We’re looking forward to having you onboard and starting the program in September 2024 or as per agreement